KUBLOX® Product Range FAQs:
KUBLOX® products are completely unique .... and because of this people often have questions! ... here are the ones that crop up most often! 🤗
- KUBLOX® Products are a range of cavaletti & pole-raisers; offering a variety of height & configuration options to provide the perfect solution for your horses polework exercise.
- KUBLOX® Products are lightweight, easily portable for use in clinics, lessons & demos, are available in a variety of colours and can easily be stored when not in use.
- KUBLOX® Products are designed to be used in conjunction with a standard 10cm (4") diameter pole. The weight of the pole isn't a problem! The heavier the better! 😀👍
- KUBLOX® Products are split into 2 categories:
- Pole-Raisers:- Perfect for raising & securing ground-poles.
- Cavaletti-Ends:- Offer a higher raised pole configuration - So in addition to raising poles these are also suitable for gymnastic jumping exercises.
We're often asked about the difference between each of our products ... and the easiest way to explain the differences is to show you! So below is a product "line-up" photo; from left to right we have:
- KUBLOX® Products "YES" they are made from foam!! All our products are manufactured from a super tough low density polyethylene foam. This is our Unique Selling Point!!
- KUBLOX® Foam is an all-weather material! It doesn't absorb water, it doesn't freeze or go brittle in the cold, it doesn't melt or go floppy in the sunshine!!
- KUBLOX® Foam has no sharp edges, is soft enough to ensure it can't cause injury to horses and won't "fracture" when knocked ( ... as will some brittle alternatives that are commonly in use ie. children's potties, crates, sand-castle buckets).
- KUBLOX® Foam is UV resistant, so the amazing colours we offer will stay AMAZING, even when the products are left outside.
- KUBLOX® Products can be as stable as you want/ need them to be! ... It's completely your choice!
It's personal preference whether you want a completely "fixed" pole, or if you want something that will "fall" if your horse knocks it!
Absolutely no-one wants to be getting off every 2 minutes to put poles back up 😕! ... and for Eventers who jump solid fences, it can quite frankly be dangerous if their horses don't respect obstacles 😱🙈!!
To get you started here are several simple ideas to help you find YOUR perfect KUBLOX® set up!!
- Use our "through-hole" configuration to create a "fixed" Cavaletti or Ground-Pole. 🤩
- Raise alternate sides to either the "through-hole" or the "top-cup" , whilst leaving the opposite end on the ground! 🙌👍
- DOUBLE POLE!! ... 😀🙌 this offers the stability of the "through-hole" but allows you to mount a top pole which can be still knocked down!
Here at KUBLOX® we CAN'T make the decision for you as it's very dependent on your surface, weight of pole, horse/ rider preference and what exercise goals you're hoping to achieve!! What we CAN do is provide a fabulously versatile product that offers multiple options so you can create YOUR perfect pole set-up!! 😀🙌👍😘
- Correctly performed pole-work can be beneficial to horses of all disciplines!!
- Improves balance & proprioception (ie "hoof to brain" coordination)
- Develops rhythm & energy
- Promotes symmetrical movement patterns (which is fab during rehabilitation)
- Improves joint-health, flexibility and maintains range of motion
- In conjunction with advice from a suitably qualified vet, physio or trainer it can also be used to rehabilitate horses from injury or neurological conditions.
- Progress slowly!! - Little & often is the key to success!! As the coordination & skill of the horse/ rider combination increases, raising of the poles increases the effort & accuracy required, further encouraging the horse to recruit core muscles & mobilise their backs.
- Use different gaits to achieve different results! - With a little imagination & ingenuity it can be an excellent way of providing fun & variety to everyday routines whether ridden, in-hand, lunged or long reined and providing focus to prevent horses from becoming stale & bored. A few of the main benefits to be gained from each gait are listed below:
- Walk Poles - can be raised all the way up to knee height if desired! (... if you can easily step over the obstacle in walk then so can your horse!! ...) and as there is no moment o suspension in walk this required the horse to stabilise their back, flex their joints and raise their legs through an increased range of motion.
- Trot Poles - can be used to increase power, symmetry, core strength and flexion in the limb joints.
- Canter Poles - excellent for developing core strength, encouraging back flexion & reducing stiffness (especially through the lumbar-sacral region).
- Do introduce any new pole or cavaletti exercise slowly and at an appropriate level of complexity.
- Do advance the exercises only when you & your horse are confident. If at any point you run into problems, do decrease the complexity of the exercise and get advise from a suitable professional.
- Do "little & often" and for best results be consistent with your pole-work.
- Do ensure that at all times thehorse is free to lower their head in order to focus on where to place their feet and to allow them to raise their backs and engage their abdominals.
- Do place poles closer together to encourage shortening & collection.
- Do place poles further apart to develop a longer frame & encourage extension.
- Do arrange the poles on a curve (in a fan-shape) so that you can vary the distance easily by riding on the inner or outer track.
- Do store your KUBLOX® products sensibly/ safely when not in use.
- Do NOT use these products if you have any concern regarding the suitability of an exercise for your horse, or it has any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries. Consult an expert such as a vet or physio, who can help construct a suitable exercise regime to allow you to safely & confidently use KUBLOX® products.
- Do NOT continue the exercise if you ru into problems! Decrease the complexity of the exercise and recruit suitable professional help with your training. Remember that confidence (both yours & your horses) as well as both your safety is key.
- Do NOT leave your KUBLOX® products out, unsecured, if there are strong winds forecast! These products by nature are low density (ie very light) and you may find they migrate in adverse weather conditions.
- Do NOT forget that any equine activity by the very nature of the sport incorporates an element of risk. All KUBLOX® products are supplied as mobile training obstacles and the onus is upon the person using them to ensure they do so in a suitable manner for the competency of each horse/ rider combination and every individual training situation.
There are no products to list in this category.